Sunday, September 04, 2005

Little Sahara

I went four wheelin' in the Little Sahara Sand Dunes today with my sister's brother-in-law, Chris, and his fiance, Shannon (hmmm, I just realized that I know another "Chris and Shannon"). It was my first time on an ATV and in sand dunes. I had an awesome time. Gotta get me some of them. Click here or on the picture below to view the rest of my pictures.



The only negative to the whole experience was seeing how poorly the dunes and the surrounding areas were taken care of. There was trash everywhere. It was kind of like people just didn't care.

There seemed to be a certain type of person that was into dune riding. You could almost smell the redneck testosterone in the air. Although, I was surprised how many good looking women I saw today. Unfortunately most of them had their arms wrapped around a tatooed guy with no t-shirt and no helmet cruising at about 90 mph through the dunes.

Hmm, what does that say about me when I disparage guys who ride four wheelers shortly after admitting that I want to become one of them?

1 comment:

B.G. Christensen said...

If you used blogging pseudonyms then the Chris & Shannon ambiguity wouldn't be a problem. One couple could be Mortledorf & She-Ra and the other could be Thia Man & French Fry. No confusion there.

(DISCLAIMER: "Thia Man" is the only pseudonym actually based on any personal knowledge of the people in question.)