Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Returning to the Scene of the Crime

I hadn't planned on mountain biking again so quickly. My plan was to road bike this week while my wounds were healing. But, alas, it was too windy to road bike today but too warm to workout indoors. So, I did the only thing I could... I velcroed on my biking cleats, still caked with the dried blood of Friday's incident, and headed back out onto the trail. I did take it a little easier than normal, and, of course, I avoided riding the section that I crashed on. But, I did stop to get a picture. I hesitate to post it because it probably doesn't look as treacherous as I described it, but here it is anyway:

In other crash related news... I took my iPhone up to the Gateway Apple Store on Saturday. They laughed when I asked if it might be covered by the warranty :) Rather than repair, they offered to give me a replacement for the low, low price of $250. Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask if they would give me a price break on upgrading to the 16Gig iPhone until later that day. Oh well.

The swelling has gone down a little on my back, but it's gotten even uglier. I woke up Saturday morning to my entire left side being painted the deep purple of subcutaneous blood. I'll spare you the picture. Several days later and the fringes of the purple splotch are starting to fade to yellow. Although it's still a little tender to the touch, it's more of an annoyance at this point. I feel like I have a big ugly appendage sticking out of my back and side.

2 comments:

Go for It ! said...

It looked like " pregnancy of the mutant cyborg ! "

SenecaSis said...

At least it's not a big, ugly appendage sticking out of your backside. That'd be REALLY annoying!

p.s. I'm so glad that you're in a condition to keep going--i.e. in one piece.